On Sunday, Anita and I ran the Hottest Half. It was a half-marathon around White Rock Lake in Dallas. It was Anita's longest run ever and she did great, even with a hurting knee. We got really lucky with the weather. For a run in Dallas in August with Hottest in the name, we could not of asked for better weather. The course was great too. Other that a large hill at the final .1 mile, it was relatively flat. It wound around the lake so it had pretty scenery too. I would definitely do it again. Our one wish was that they would close the course to bike. There were a lot of cyclists in the park that morning. Some were nice about letting you know they were passing you, most were not.
As with any run, there was lots of great people watching. We saw one woman wearing mismatched shoes and pushing a jogging stroller that was holding 0 children, 2 stuffed animals, and at least 1 metal lunch box underneath. I hope this was some sort of training activity or else she might need some therapy. I just saw my pictures from the race and she is actually in the background of one of mine. I saw a guy running barefoot. Still don't get that. There was a woman running about 4 months pregnant. I'm not sure about that. When I was pregnant with Mal my doctor told me that I could run, but only 1-2 miles. We saw a couple people in pants. I guess they didn't catch that it was the "hottest" half.
I think this was mile 9. Matthew, Clay, and two of their friends came out to cheer us on. 4 people with 3 cameras gave me a real paparazzi feeling, but its always great spotting some peeps during a race.
The hill at the end. You can't truly appreciate it from this picture, but believe me it was steep!
Anita and I before the fun. It was so much fun doing this with my sister!



4 comments:
While I've never run a half-marathon, much less a full one (because let's be real about who we're talking about), I've cheered many friends on, and I must agree - the people watching is fantastic! I'm a bit concerned about the guy running barefoot...
I think it's so great you get to do this with your sister! Glad you had fun!
You were in my backyard! Well, close anyway! Congrats on the race!
abilene01
Let's pick a cold weather one to do next. I think I'm going to try to run a couple miles on the treadmill at the gym today. Hopefully it goes well.
Way to go! Are y'all doing the Houston Marathon in January?
Post a Comment