CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Trip to the Big City

I had to go to Luke's on Friday to pick up my running shoes that they were holding. Matthew and Mallory came along to make it a fun trip. We decided to check out Discovery Green downtown. At first, we thought it was going to be a bust. The fountains were being overrun with a couple day care groups full of big kids that would have bulldozed Mal! So we found the play ground and let her run around there for a little bit.

And I got to play around too!
After we baked at the playground, it was time for lunch. Warning: if you plan on taking your own lunch to Discovery Green, be prepared to hunt to find a place to eat. We were surprised that a park with so much planning to it didn't have a real picnic area. We finally found some tables that were in the shade of the building and didn't have a sign on them forbidding us from eating there.

When we were done eating, the water fountains had cleared out. So, we quickly got Mallory changed and headed to the water. She had a blast running around in the water, laying on the fountains, and getting in and out of the water area. We had a blast watching her have fun and get braver in facing the fountains the longer she played.
Mal's 'check out my belly' pose





One strange thing happened while we were there. I was standing on the side watching Mallory. I could hear some ladies sitting in the chairs behind me talking about Mal. They were saying what a cute little girl she was. Duh! Then I heard one say to the other, "I'm gonna take a picture of her." I was pretty uneasy about these strangers planning to take a picture of my baby. I casually took a few steps to my side to block their view. Thankfully Mallory also thought this was a good time to take off running to the other side.
*****
Rewind to buying my shoes. I knew exactly which shoes I was getting. They were holding them for me, so I didn't spend much time trying them on. When I was done Patrick, the sales guy, gave me a high five! I was excited to be getting new shoes. I guess he was excited for me too.

2 comments:

Mallory Cervas

Seriously. You have THE cutest baby. You guys do a great job getting pictures of her.

The Johnsons

I love her 'check out my belly' pose. :) And I'm glad you got to have some fun playing yourself!