CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2007

MONEY WELL SPENT
I got to have lunch with my friends Kim and Tina before my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Kim wanted to make sure I blogged about our lunch since she doesn't think she's been in a blog before. It was a great time for some good food plus fun and laughter with friends.


Kim brought me the copy of To Kill A Mockingbird that's in this picture. You can see from the picture that this is a VERY well read book. Kim was returning it to me because it started out as my sister's book. Since Anita read it, it has been read by myself, Anthony, Laura, Tara, Elise, Haley, Lara P, and some girl named Cynthia Sanchez. Everyone's names are written on the book somewhere except for mine and Anthony. I guess Anthony was too cool to sign it and I was only #2 to read it so I didn't realize the significance at the time. I don't know who Cynthia was but she wrote a note to Anita inside the back cover saying "Best damn book I ever read."


I'm sure my mom didn't spend much money on the book 15+ years ago when she bought it, but I think we got her money's worth out of it.

6 comments:

Anita

I never knew that my book was such an heirloom. WOW! I remember putting the masking tape on the spine. That is one of the best books EVER. So I'm glad so many of us go to enjoy it. Hang on to it so our kids can read it.

Anonymous

yea...I finally made it into a blog!! If you pass the book down to your kids please mark over the ugly word that Anita's friend wrote. Wait until Anita sees all the cartoons and markings on the inside. It's even more priceless than she realizes.

Anita

That was not my friend making those comments. I don't even know who that was.

Kellee

That's funny Anthony didn't write his name in the book...I agree, probably too cool :)
That is a great book and so fun how many people read that particular copy. I think Anthony borrowed all of the Etheridge books throughout high school.

Kim

Loved the book too. Thats cool that all those people read it and you have kept up with it. I think it is funny that this random person Cynthia, read it and no one seems to know who she is.

Tiffany

Sorry it took me so long to leave you a comment. This little comment thingy was not working so hot for me, but I think I figured it out! I love the picture of the baby and of Matthew's small head!