CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

FUN WEEKEND!

This was the third weekend in a row that Matthew actually had a night off. This time, he had Friday night off so we could have a fun date. We did a little Christmas shopping, ate a yummy meal at Pappadeaux, and then went to a Third Day and Jars of Clay Christmas concert. Except for the climb all the way up the stairs to our balcony seats, it was great! I was seriously wiped out when we got to our seats. The usher that was showing us our seats obviously wasn't very observant that I was just a little pregnant. When she saw where our seats were, she took off so fast that Matthew even had trouble keeping up with her. After we finally got to sit down, I told Matthew I thought I might need some Gatorade and a GU! When I left to go to the bathroom and saw that there was an elevator, I was probably the happiest girl at the concert.


During the concert Third Day sang O Holy Night. O Holy Night always makes me think of Carol of Lights at Tech. For you non-Red Raiders, this is a tradition at Tech going back to the 50's I think. It is a big deal in Lubbock. People gather on the Tech campus and they light more than 25,000 Christmas lights. Part of the ceremony every year is a man singing O Holy Night. We have always made fun of the guy because he sings it in his best "opera man" style. Friday night it hit me what a big deal this is....on the campus of a public university, thousands of people gather each year to hear the singing of a song about the birth of Jesus. I hope and pray that this tradition will continue for years and years to come.


On Saturday I did almost all of my Christmas shopping. I figured since there are 12 days until my due date and less than that until Christmas it was time to get serious about my shopping. It was actually a very successful shopping day with a couple of funny sights. When I was at Linens N Things waiting in line I really felt that someone should tell the lady checking her pores in the magnifying mirror she was buying that she might want to wait until she at least got to the privacy of her car before doing something so personal. A little later I was at the mall. I noticed a booth selling wooden nativity scenes. The name of the booth was Star of David. The irony was too funny for me not to share.

This morning we went to church for what could be the last time as just the two of us. Tonight, I finally packed my bag for the hospital. Its pretty full, so I should be prepared even without leg warmers.

0 comments: