CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Little Bookworm

One of Mallory's favorite activities these days is reading books. Her favorite by far is "Who's Hiding In the Ocean?". We probably read it at least 10 times a day. Its a 3 way tie for second between "Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?", "There's a Wocket in My Pocket", and "But Not the Hippopotamus". And some days, she just wants ALL the books so that she can flip through a few pages and move on to the next one. On these days the living room looks like a bookmobile overturned in our house.

The hippo book was a big favorite today. I have no clue how many times we read it today. I've gotten to where I have to change up my speed and tone every time I read it just to not go crazy. If any of you are familiar with this story, does it bother you? Really, why not the hippo or the poor little armadillo?









And some days, books are best used for hats.

3 comments:

Anita

Did you know that Kim and I did There's A Wocket in my Pocket one year for some literary meet event!?!

We enjoy the hippo book, too. Not as much as Pinkalicious or Fancy Nancy! But yet, poor hippo!

Out On a Limb

Thanks for the encouragement Marcia!

No, I didn't leave mascara in the office fridge! Does it last longer if you keep it in there? Hmmm, or just feel strange when you apply it.

Tiffany

I think that the hippo and armadillo are not invited to have fun because there are no other animals that rhyme with them. We read that one a lot, too!