
It was a great night for people watching. The weather was miserable; temperature in the 40's and rain all day. There were people that need more clothes on, infants that needed to be home in bed, and people that needed to spend a lot less time in the tanning bed.
No trip to the rodeo is complete with out some good eating. Matthew was on a turkey leg mission, so he walked right up to the very first stand selling them and ordered his leg. The lady working there felt bad that the only one she had was so scrawny, she gave it to him for free! Later I indulged in a funnel cake while Matthew sampled the cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate. He decided they needed to figure out how to put a layer of chocolate in the middle of the cheesecake. I thought the cheesecake needed to not be frozen. Two of the things we did not eat that I just don't even comprehend were the chicken fried bacon and the deep fried banana sundae.
I had an "I Feel Old Moment" while we were eating and a Darius Rucker song was playing. One of the high school girls sitting next to us said to her group, "Is this the guy from that blowfish group?" Matthew's "I Feel Old Moment" was seeing that her letter jacket said class of 2012.
I was a little torn about going to the rodeo on a Thursday night, because I was missing ER and Grey's. Thankfully, my friend TiVo was hard at work recording my shows for me. I am sooooo loving the last episodes of ER. It has been so good! I'm so happy they are going out on top. I loved this week's episode. It was so great to see our old friends Doug and Carol back on, but I was very sad that they never learned they had sent a kidney to Chicago to save Carter. I just now watched Grey's and my heart is breaking a little for Meredith.
Friday was my last morning of Boot Camp. It was great! I'm so glad I did it. It felt great to get back into a workout routine, plus I found some new muscles and took some time off of my mile. Matthew was great to get up every morning with Mallory while I went. I'll definitely do it again sometime, but am giving him a break first.
Mallory and I are heading to Ft Worth tomorrow to spend a few days with Anita and her peeps. It's been 2 months since we last saw each other. This is a long time for us, so we're all looking forward to the visit. I'm being positive and telling myself that this is going to be the time that Mallory sleeps in the pack 'n play while we're there. Afterall, she should be used to it since she's been sleeping in it at home for the last month while her room has been a painting mess! And, just in case you forgot what our sweet little girl looks like, here she is last night telling us its time to go to dinner.
Well, I think I've killed enough time and will go fold the laundry now before Matthew gets home from work. Hope you enjoyed my random thoughts.


1 comments:
Sounds like you had fun at the rodeo! I agree, Mutton Bustin' and the Calf Scramble are so much fun to watch. I've always enjoyed seeing the kids out there trying to catch a calf, or ride a lamb.
It's funny, I saw something about chicken fried bacon the other day. That's not something I'd care to try either.
Post a Comment