CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving, isn't it fun?

In the middle of packing and getting everything else taken care of for moving our washing machine broke. Great timing, right? On our way home from buying a new one yesterday morning, we started talking about how many times that washer had moved and Matthew decided I needed to blog about all of the places we've lived in the 8 years we've been married.  So, here goes:
  • Apartment 1 - little 2 bedroom apartment near the Heights.  Only 2 things make me miss that place. Close to Memorial Park and across the street from Star Pizza
  • Apartment 2 - much bigger 2 bedroom apartment in the suburbs.  As apartments go, it was great except for being on the 3rd floor.  Our neighbor across the hall also committed suicide while we were there, but I don't think we had ever met him.
  • House 1 - we loved our first house. We especially LOVED Mallory's nursery.  It was alot of work, but it was perfect.
  • Apartment 3 - tiny tiny tiny little 2 bedroom apartment. We had sheets on the bedroom windows the entire time we lived there to block out the lights and noise from the beltway right out side our building, but it was home.
  • House 2 - our 50 year old house.  Its been a good house, but we've just never really loved it. We will have great memories of living here and all the things Mallory has done in this house, but we are soooo ready to have more room.  Plus, I saw a sign nearby yesterday for a lost parrot.  It said he "screams alot" and is "semi-tame"!  If that's not reason to move, I don't know what is.
  • House 3 - You saw all the pictures in the last post, so how couldn't we not be excited to move into this house? Its on a cul-de-sac and is less than 5 minutes away from church and Mallory's school.
So, I'm really tired of moving.  But we're blessed that while we may not have loved everywhere we lived, God has always provided us with everythign we needed and so much more!

And incase you're wondering...between leaving for college in '97 and getting married in '02 I lived in 4 dorm rooms, 5 apartments, 1 house (2 if you count all the time I stayed at Anita's during nursing school), and 2 states!

1 comments:

The Johnsons

You have sure lived in a lot of places! So glad your newest home is closer to all of us!