One of my favorite stores these days is CVS. Yes, the drugstore! I've been working hard to pay attention to the ads and coupons. Today I got everything in this picture for $3.35. But wait...I also got $5 in Extra Bucks to spend next week. So its like they paid me $1.65 for all this stuff. In case you can't see from the picture, I "stole":
- 2 bottles of Dawn dish soap
- 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
- a bottle of Trident gum
- a Gillette razor with 2 cartridges for Matthew
- a Venus razor with 2 cartridges for me
- a 12 pack of Viva paper towels
- 2 tubes of Burt's Bees chap stick
- Read the ad for items that are on sale and/or offering Extra Bucks
- Match your coupons with items on sale. I had a coupon for everything I "stole"
- Save your Extra Bucks from week to week and cash them in
- Scan your CVS card at the coupon box when you walk in. I did this today and it printed out a $10 off of $30 coupon and a $5 off of $25 coupon. I used the $10 off.
- Ditch brand loyalty. Viva is not my first choice of paper towels. But I'll sure give them a chance if the price is right.


3 comments:
You are my hero.
Wow. I'm still in awe. I'm a little confused, so I might write down the 'directions' when I go to CVS...... :) It was the burt's bees chapstick that got me. That's usually $4 a tube! Crazy.
By the way.....Viva is actually the most absorbent paper towel. It's a scientific fact. I did my science fair project on paper towels in 5th grade and Viva was the best out of everything.....and I got 1st place :)
I got $50 of gift cards from CVS this weekend, just for transferring my prescriptions (which I was going to do anyway). I'll have to use some of your tips to make my GCs go farther!
Post a Comment