CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bloggers Block

If there is such a thing as blogger's block, I think I have it. It feels like I've been slacking at the blogging lately. Since I definitely have not been slacking at the blog reading, here is my contribution to the blog world.
I think I'm finally starting to feel settled here in our apartment. Mallory and I are going to Bible class at a Baptist church in the area on Tuesdays. I'm enjoying the study and she is doing great in the nursery.
I got my cast off about a week and a half ago! It is so great to be rid of that thing.
We visited a different church this morning. I think we will be going back there, even though we miss West Houston. It is a good feeling to be closer to finding a new church home.
When we moved we got U-verse for our Internet and TV. Sadly, I love the DVR because we can record 4 shows at a time. This will come in handy on Thursday nights when Lost comes back on since we already have The Office, Gray's Anatomy, Er, and Life on Mars to watch. Yes, I may be a little of an addict. (Matthew wants me to clarify that WE only watch The Office and Lost, the rest are just me). I did get rid of one show...Private Practice. It just wasn't getting me that excited and I was getting tired of Addison Forbes Montgomery the super doctor. Seriously is she a neonatologist or a obgyn? This is just one of my pet peeves, because in the real world I don't think these medical specialties overlap. While I'm at it, here's another. On Brothers & Sisters Holly went from being a moderately successful actress to a business genius overnight! Do these things bother other people, or am I just a little crazy?
For someone with blogger's block I sure am blabbing on and on about nothing. So, here's what you really want to see.
Mallory wore a sweet dress to church this morning that was Abby's. I can't find the charger for our good camera, so sadly these pictures aren't as good as they could be. So trust me, SHE WAS CUTE!

On of her habits is chewing on the edge of her crib. There are scratches all around the rim from our little woodchuck.

Matthew worked extra jobs last Saturday and Sunday morning. Since he was going to be working from about 6 am to midnight all weekend Mallory and I hit the road. We went to Anita's and then to Muenster for a family reunion. We got to see lots of family. We spent Sunday night with my parents at my Aunt Paulette's. Not that I am pushing Mallory to walk right now, but we thought it would have been special if Mal had taken her first steps at Paulette's since I walked for the first time there. Mallory did great on the car ride. We even made the trip up without making any stops.

Mallory continues to love maneuvering her way through tight spaces. We hadn't been at Anita's an hour last week before she was trying to crawl behind the couch.
This is one of Mallory's favorite toys. Don't recognize it from the toy department? That's because its the strap to attach her paci to her shirt. We have two of these and she will play with either one endlessly.

She prefers feeding herself these days. Maybe because when she feeds herself she can pick out the all the chicken sticks and leave the peas? Last night I watched her discover that she could reach the kitchen table from her chair. After that she sat there and pick up peas one my one and sat them on the table. She did eat some peas too so don't worry about her becoming malnourished. ;)
Well now that I've gotten rid of my bad blogger guilt, I'm giong to try and take a little Sunday afternoon nap before Mallory gets up and we go to the park for some swinging. My blanket is fresh out of the dryer since I spilled dr. pepper on it last night. Oooooo, its going to be cozy!

1 comments:

Out On a Limb

I totally understand the blogger block! That's when I try to force myself to at least post some pictures. Ok, what are chicken sticks? I have not heard of such a thing.