CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Eight Months

Our baby girl is 8 months old now! I read a description of 8 month olds on a web site a few days ago. It said, "Your baby's now exploring objects by shaking them, banging them, dropping them, and throwing them before falling back on the tried-and-true method of gumming them." That perfectly describes how she likes to play with her toys these days. Here are a few other things about her.

  • Mallory is a very speedy and sneaky crawler. We call her our little iguana because she kind of looks like one when she crawls.
  • She is pulling up on everything these days.
  • She does a pretty good job walking along the couch.
  • She is always very interested in what Matthew and I are doing. We love to watch her peek her head towards yot to get a good look at you.
  • She does NOT like to sit still. She especially does not like to lay still while getting her diaper changed. This is especially challenging for me since I only have one good hand. If anyone has any tips, please share. Yes, we've tried giving her a toy, hanging something over the changing table, and even strapping her down.
  • I fed her some chicken baby food tonight. I'm considering her being a vegetarian for a while because the stuff is so stinky.
  • She loves her bottle and her "puffs". We were relieved when we looked at the package and saw that it takes 90 to make a full serving since she will eat a ton of them. It is funny to watch her eat them because she grabs them and stuffs them in her mouth like someone is going to steal them from her.

Now what you really want...

Matthew decided to give Mallory a lesson on stairs when we were at Anita's.
Me and my princess at Abby's party.
The princess and her daddy.
Unfortunately Mallory got a cold for her birthday. It made for some very snotty days around here. She's doing much better now.
Dessert!



She discovered how to crawl into the bottom of her saucer this week. Yes, that toy in her hand is a syringe (is that what you call the blue booger getter thingy?). She loves the thing. If you look closely you can see a T on the bottom. That helps us keep the toy one apart from the one we use for snot in case you were worried.

3 comments:

Anita

Oh! I love that girl! The older she gets I see more and more of a resemblance to her cousins. Too bad it looks like the hurricane is going to miss you. I need a good Mallory squeeze.

Libby

Oh my word, those are the cutest little legs and arms I've ever seen!! She is so precious!!

Anne

Yay for more pictures!! She is too cute. I still need to come see her (and you and Matthew, too). This weekend may not be best, though. :) Stay safe.