

Mallory turned 5 months old last week. Sometime around then she really "found her voice"! She loves to squeal and shriek. Tonight while I was fixing dinner Matthew asked me if I brought home a stray cat today. Nope, just sweet little Mallory. Some nights she takes after her cousin Abby and will lay in her bed "talking" for a while before going to sleep.
Another thing she is into is sucking on her index finger and sometimes the middle one too. We think its pretty cute. She also likes to make raspberries with her lips. She was getting so loud with it this evening and the spit was flying. It reminded me of what one of my roommates in college always said when people (Matthew) sneezed really loudly, "do you serve beach towels with those ocean waves?"
I also learned this week that she is a very heavy sleeper. On Sunday night Matthew called me on my cell phone after Mallory had gone to bed. I ran into the living room because that was where I heard the ring coming from. I looked and looked, but did not see my phone anywhere. What I did see was the monitor all lit up. Yep, I had left my cell phone on the edge of Mallory's crib. I immediately dashed in her room and grabbed my phone. I think I saw her big eyes looking up at me, but I never heard a peep out of her. Maybe she thought it was just a dream, or she is just used to her mommy doing silly things.


2 comments:
Did Edyra say that? That totally sounds like an "Edyra-ism"! Meanwhile, back at the ranch....
love the "M" - so cute!
Post a Comment