CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Fun Fun Fun

We have just had two super fun weekends back to back. Last weekend my parents came in town for the holiday weekend and we got to have good times with them and lots of special friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get the camera out much that weekend.

This weekend, Anita, Nathan, and Abby came to visit. We had a blast!

Friday, they got to stay home with Mallory while I was at work. I couldn't wait to get home and get in on all the fun they were having with out me.


Friday afternoon Mallory came over and took pictures of the kids. She got some great ones and has a few on her blog. Man, is it hard to get three kids to all look in the same direction at the same time.

One of the big reasons they came to visit was so that Anita and I could do a run together. We had been wanting to run a race together for a long time. We were registered for a 10k last spring, but I found out I was pregnant a few days before and wasn't able to run it. This was my first race since having Mallory so it was special for two reasons. Here we are after finishing the Astros annual Race for the Pennant 5k. Thanks to Matthew for staying home with all three kids so Anita and I could do this together.
Saturday, the kids had lots of fun playing before having a gourmet lunch of hot dogs. I was proud because this was the first time I had used the grill myself, and nothing caught fire.
Saturday afternoon we went over to our friends the Erwins to go swimming. It took us almost 2 hours to get there. All I'll say about that is there were several stops and a Sonic that is definitely on my black list now. If you local friends want to know which one, its the one in front of a Target.

After we finally got there, it was great fun with great friends. Nathan and Abby loved the swimming of course. Mallory was pretty indifferent to the pool. I think we'll wait a little while before swimming again since it sure is a lot of work getting her in the pool for something she didn't care much about.
I got a few other pictures of Mallory by the pool, but I don't think the grown up holding her would appreciate her swim suit picture for all the world to see. There is also a lovely picture of Mallory and I asleep by the pool that may never see the light of day again.
Thankfully our drive home didn't take near as long, but it was long enough for all of our passengers to fall asleep. Don't you spend your Sunday mornings in the kitchen on your Barbie scooter wearing your Disney princess night gown while carrying your shiny silver purse?

Thanks for making the trip down to see us. We love you and sure had a great time. Now I'm off to clean up all the evidence of our weekend.

5 comments:

Kim

Looks like ya'll had a great weekend. Congrats on your race. I'm sure it was fun to do together.

Anita

We had a GREAT time! Can't wait to do it again. Abby was pretending to drive to get you after we got home.

Charlton

I'm glad you had fun. Yesterday we also had a frustrating experience with a sonic. How long do you think it takes to make 2 large sonic blasts? For this particular sonic it took 20 minutes of waiting in the car and only 2 minutes waiting at the door after asking where are icecream was! :)

Jen

Looks like lots of fun. I must say I am impressed that you are back on the running circle after having Mallory only 5 months ago!!

Dana

Good foryou on the 5K! I thought about it but am not quite ready to race yet. I heard it was a godo time. Glad you got to do it - especially with your sister!