Mallory and I survived our first girls only road trip this weekend. Nathan's big 6th birthday party was Saturday, so we made the trip up for the big celebration. It started raining on us about half way there. When we got into town, the rain started freezing. When we got off the interstate, it started to SNOW!!! This was of course Mallory's first snow and the first snow I had seen since back in college so it was very exciting. If only Mallory could have enjoyed it more. The snow was so pretty. The snow flakes were seriously the biggest flakes I had ever seen. When we pulled up, Anita and Nathan were outside in the snow playing and waiting for us.

It didn't take long for Anita to forget about the snow and get her hands on Mallory!

A shot of the snow in the backyard! You can even see some of the ginormous flakes.

The big 6 year old in the snow.
Nathan was so sweet with Mallory the whole time we were there. He loved to make her smile and love on her. It sure made his mommy proud.
Unfortunately, Abby was cuddled up on her Dora couch Friday after throwing up. She spent most of the day like this.
Nathan, on the other hand, was 100% healthy crazy little boy. It is very hard to get a picture of him these days without some kind of crazy face or hands.
After Abby's day in bed, she made a dramatic recovery and was back to her usual self Friday night. Here they are entertaining Mallory. You can tell she is just thrilled. I can't wait to see what fun these three will have together in the future.
Mallory and Dee got to have some good cuddly time together on Saturday before the party.
Nathan's party was a swim party. Yes, at an indoor pool. Before the party Abby was talking nonstop about going swimming at the party plus about a million other things. After the party, she reminded me several times "You watched me swim at the party"!
This is Nathan telling me "No more pictures, Parsh!"

Every day is a little better with a trip to Sonic for Happy Hour!
Anita and Dad enjoying the party.
Mallory had a blast at the party...she slept the entire time.
I had to go back Sunday afternoon to get my camera. As I drove off Dad warned me there were some new pictures on it. This was one of the surprises. I love it. A great happy picture of my mom!
This was such a great weekend. Mallory did so good, but we sure were glad to be back home. She gave me a little encouragement with her not so sweet scream to drive faster and get home quick last night. I guess she was missing her Daddy. He sure missed her.
1 comments:
Sure was great to have you and Mallallee here. Can't wait for Easter.
Kim was telling me today how precious and beautiful Mallory is. I had to agree!
Post a Comment