This has been such a fun week for me that I thought it was time I shared some of it with the whole wide world via my blog. Here are a few highlights:
- Tylenol
- morphine
- throwing up
- vicodin
- Gatorade
- juice
- toast
- rice
- soup
- icy/hot
- heating pads
- break dancing
Are you jealous? So, this week has been a fun filled four day vacation from work for me filled with a trip to the hospital and the doctor due to the worst back pain of my life and possibly a stomach bug. Now I bet you're really jealous! The stomach bug could be a treat from sweet little Abby. My doctor doesn't know exactly what has caused the back pain. Could be the bug, could have pulled something, could be Mallory hitting on something during all of her break dancing. I don't know what brought it on, but it seems to be getting better so I am ecstatic!
Here are some fun things we've learned this week:
- Never share a drink with a 2 year old...no matter how sweet she is
- Don't question your wife's choice to wear flip flops when she wants you to take her to the hospital at 6:30 am
- My doctor's office is really good at following up on phone calls
- a shot is definitely worth it when it is delivering morphine
- Icy/Hot is great
- Pharmacy drive thru windows are a necessity
- a mom that will stay an extra day to clean your house, buy groceries, and cook your husband a meal is a real blessing
- My husband is the best!
- Feeling your baby break dancing in your belly when you feel horrible and are taking a lot of drugs, is a WONDERFUL feeling!


7 comments:
My goodness! So sorry you've had a rough week! At least you sound as though you are doing better - and some very valuable lessons were learned!
We'll try to share something better next time. We sure do love you, though!
Bless your heart! My word, that sounds like it should be an accumulation of a whole 9 months, not a week!! I hope next week is better, but glad to hear that Mallory is still moving around.
WOW! You had a rough week. I hope you got some rest. Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet Mallory. She will be here before you know it!
What a week you have had! I'm sooo sorry! It's even worse to be sick when you have a toddler running around that doesn't quite understand that Mama just wants to lie in bed all day!! Glad you're feeling better.
marcia - seriously....your baby is beating the shit out of you. im so sorry about your bad week, yuck. im praying for you - love ya, shannon
That stinks! I hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment