CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

GETTING CLOSER

I went in this morning for my 35 week appointment. They did an ultrasound and it looks like Mallory is a little over 5 pounds and head down. So, we're getting closer!!! I'm trying not to get too excited since I still have a month to go, but she'll be here before we know it. We even got to see her sweet little face on the ultrasound too. Can't wait to see her in person.
On an unrelated note, there is something from Desperate Housewives this week that is really bothering me. Bree insisted that baby Benjamin sleep in the bed with her and Orsen. When Orsen made a comment about what if he rolled over on Benjamin during the night all Bree said was, "DON'T". If we have to warn people that hot coffee is hot, shouldn't ABC be a little more careful when talking about infants sleeping in the same bed with adults? Maybe if the writers weren't on strike, they would have caught this.

2 comments:

Hol

How exciting! Do you have any pictures from the ultrasound? I'd love to see some.

Regarding babies sleeping with parents, and ABC not talking about the danger(s), I agree. They should have made more of a public service announcement/warning. I know there will probably come a time when I have a baby and he/she is sick. I would rather have a portable crib I can place in my room and be next to the child rather than risk injuring or rolling over on it.

Jennifer

I would have said the same thing if I didn't have a baby that wouldn't sleep for the first 8 weeks of his life unless he was being held or sleeping next to me. Levi slept many nights next to me after I would nurse him and we'd both fall asleep. I'm a really light sleeper, though, which is why he's now in his own room in his crib to sleep! Mama needs to sleep, too. ;-) It's definitely not recommended by many people that you sleep with your baby, though, but you'd be surprised how alert you are to the baby when they are next to you. (I'm pretty sure this falls under the category of "Things I Said I Wouldn't Do Before I Had Kids!" I have so many of those it's hard to count them anymore.)