CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

My sister sent this to me as a "getting to know you" email. I haven't filled one of these out in years, but I thought I would do this one since its Christmas. Plus, I didn't have to answer all the questions myself. I just copied my sisters, we did have the same childhood after all.
  1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, but I like Carmel Apple Cider at Starbucks too.
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Sits them under the tree and then some are wrapped under the tree from "Mom and Dad". The stocking stuffers we used to get from James Avery were always wrapped.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White only. Red and white is ok too. Matthew and I had a conversation about this last night. The blue and white seem Jewish to me, but I have no idea why!
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope
  5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends. If I’m going to have anyone at my house I use that as my goal to be decorated by.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mom’s chocolate meringue pie, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, orange pudding. I don't like dressing, call me crazy if you want to.
  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waking up with my sister and then going out to see what Santa had left then going over the the Erwins for the day.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I remember Mom pretty much saying to me, “You know Santa isn’t real, right?” one day as we were going into the mall. That sounds kind of mean, but it really wasn’t. I had already figured it out before this.
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It depends on what the Christmas schedule is between both our families. We NEVER did growing up.
  10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I did all of it last night while Matthew worked on outside decorations. I did get him to put one ornament on the tree, I think it was the police car one.
  11. Snow - Love it or Dread it? Love it! I miss the couple snows a year we got in Lubbock. It was just enough to be fun but not be a pain.
  12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but I its been a long time. I’ve been so klutzy lately, maybe I shouldn’t try it any time soon.
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I wouldn't say this is my all time favorite, but Matthew gave me a oscillating tower fan with a remote control a few years ago. I use it in the bathroom every day when I dry my hair. It is wonderful.
  14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Fun times with friends and family.
  15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate pie. But I'm an elf, so I love most desserts.
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Its all fun! My sister answered this question with one of my most frustrating traditions. At our parents house, we have this German tradition where mom hides a pickle ornament in the tree and then after all the presents are opened me, Matthew, Anita, & Clay hunt for it. The winner gets a CASH prize. Either Clay or Anita always find it. I have got to find this thing soon, before Nathan gets old enough to beat me to it.
  17. What tops your tree? a big red bow this year.
  18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both are great.
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. It makes me smile.
  20. Candy Canes - Yuck or Yum? Again, I'm an elf so I like most sweets. I don't eat many of them. We did get some really cute lighted ones last night for the yard.
  21. Look forward to Christmas or wish it would pass by as quickly as possible? no way do I want it to pass by quickly. I love having lots of Christmases (with Matthew, and one with each of our families) to make it last longer.
  22. Shop all year round for gifts or are you last minute shopper? I haven't bought one yet this year. Maybe I should start soon...
  23. What's your favorite holiday movie and why? It's a Wonderful Life! Just like my sister :)
This isn't the best picture, but here's our tree.

3 comments:

laura

Marcia,
was so fun to read your answers! i have to agree with you about the fan. Gary and i bought one just like it when i was 8 months, almost 9 months pregnant in the august heat of west texas. that thing was my new best friend! and the remote, don't even get me started on how much i loved the remote, not having to get out of bed, all 9 months of me, to change the speed! and... beautiful tree! :)

Tiffany

I'm going to steal this survey from you!

Anonymous

If you click on links to friend's blogs off mine - you'll see your survey questions in a few other places. Thanks for sharing something so fun!

Remind me and I'll tell you about the corn-on-the-cob thing later...