A Trip to the DPS
I recently lost my drivers license so I had the pleasure of spending two hours at the DPS today getting a replacement. Here are some of my thoughts and things I learned while there...
- If you are concerned about passing the vision test, just read off whatever numbers/letters you feel like. The ladies working behind the desk aren't paying any attention because they use this time to talk to each other.
- Dude...you look really rough! Are you on meth?!?
- Ma'am, you seem to be having trouble following the waiting lines in the office. Maybe you should quit driving and let your great-great grandchildren give you a ride.
- A t-shirt no one should wear: For Rent (and in small letters) by the hour
- Maybe Houston really is one of the fattest cities in the country.
- Things sure were different when my license was stolen and I went to the DPS in Lubbock 6 years ago.
- When you thing you're really hot, you don't wait in f****** lines! You just storm out. (Matthew thinks I need to clarify this one. The "f**** lines" was a quote. The hoochie-mama in line said it not me!)
- I AM NEVER GOING TO LOOSE MY LICENSE AGAIN!!!


1 comments:
That does not sound like it was any fun... Actually, it reminds me of my experience when I went to the social security office to change my last name. I was about to leave - three hours of waiting was just about enough, when I saw a friend walk in without her then new husband. We waited together and "enjoyed" our time people watching...
Post a Comment