CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So they do come in threes...

A couple of posts ago I wrote that I hoped things didn't come in threes because I had just tripped twice and didn't want it to happen a third time. Well, the third came this morning! I was up running before work (shocking I know), when I rolled my ankle and fell off the edge of the side walk. I was and still am very mad about this. I managed to walk/run home without any real pain, so I thought I was safe. I got ready and went on to work not thinking much of it. The problems didn't start until I was at work of course. Every time I got up from my desk, it would hurt a little worse. I took my boot off and yep, its swollen and a little blue. As Matthew put it, I have my first sports injury. Isn't he sweet?

So, does anyone have any tips on recovering from a sprained ankle without missing too much time off from running?

This is only the third time I can remember getting up before work to run. Maybe this is a sign I should go back to sleeping in?