Back to the real world...
This weekend I was lucky enought to be a part of one of the wedding of one of my oldest friend's wedding. My friend Stephanie got married yesterday morning. She did something a little different and asked several of us to be "Bride's Babes". It was kind of a mixture between being a bride's maid and in the house party. We had the honor of being an attendant, but didn't have to stand up front. We got to wear whatever we wanted. We didn't have any of the responsibilities of being in the house party.
To start off the weekend, Steph had us all stay at hotel icon in downtown Houston for a night of fun. We met for drinks, went to a really nice dinner, came back to the hotel for dessert, and then went up to our rooms for the night. Once we were in our room, it was a grown up version of the slumber parties we had had so many years before. Monopoly was replaced with Turbo Cranium. Our snack was upgraded to chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva. The girl talk advances to PCOS, HSG, and other fertility subjects. In the morning we woke up to enjoy mimosas. Other than Steph, I didn't know any of the other girls very well. After the night was over, I felt I had a whole new group of friends.
After the rehearsal dinner on Saturday night, we went back to the hotel for one more night before the big day. This time, Steph (but probably really Elmer...thanks!) had moved us up the the Oriental Suite on the penthouse floor. This was by far the nicest hotel room that I have ever been in in my entire life. It was beautiful! I felt a little like Vivian in Pretty Woman, except that I wasn't there as a prostitute of course. I lived in a one bedroom apartment in college that could have fit in just the bedroom and bathroom. I tried to paste a picture of the hotel in from their website, but its isn't working for me. So, visit hotelicon.com if you want to check it out. It was great. I would definitely reccomend it if you have some extra money to spend and want a really luxurious night out. But I offer two warnings. First, don't plan on having more than two roll-away beds in one room. Aparently there is a Texas law against this. Second, if to go to Bank, the hotel's restaurant for dessert, don't plan on sharing or over indulging. My serving of chocolate cake, was smaller than a cupcake.
Now, its really back to the real world. After a lazy morning to recover and catch up on Felicity and Sex and the City (i just realized what contrasting views of NYC those are) my laundry is calling. The bathroom that needs cleaning is calling. A trip to Wal-Mart is looming. If only I could call housekeeping for this.
7 years ago


1 comments:
sounds like y'all had tons of fun!!
Post a Comment