FIVE HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!
A few months ago I thought it would be a great idea to buy a plane ticket and fly to Ft Worth for Abby's birthday. The ticket was super cheap and I didn't think Matthew would be able to go with me, so I bought it. Yesterday, it was time to fly home to Houston from DFW. When I checked my flight, it was delayed two hours!!!! I spent 40 minutes in line waiting to check in and try to get on an earlier flight. I'm a dork and I love my IronMan watch, so I decided to start timing things while waiting in line. I did this while I was trying to evacuate for Hurrican Rita last year, but thats a different story.
All the ticket agent could do was put me standby on the early flight. So, I hopped the train over to terminal D to try my odds at standby. When I got there, they had a fancy flat screen monitor showing the list of standby passengers. I was number 18 in line. Perfect! All I needed was for the starting line up for two baseball teams to get in a fight and miss their flight. How else would 18 seats open up on one flight? Amazingly, this did not happen. After much waiting, they shut the doors and my night got longer.
With no other option, I got back on the train and went back to my original gate in terminal C. Starving at this point I decided to find some food. After walking and walking and walking to find the food, I found an Auntie Anne's Pretzel shop. When I saw this, it took me back to high school. How many times did Mel and I drive to the Woodlands Mall to get a pretzel?
The rest of the wait was pretty boring, except for Matthew finally finding his phone, getting my voice mails, and calling me to find out what was going on. Why can't he have his phone when I want to call him? When I finally got to Houston, got my bag, and made it home I looked at my watch to see how long it had been. You guessed it, it was 5 hours and 15 minutes since I had been in line. It normally takes me right at 4 hours to make the drive!!! Was all this worth it? I think so! Look at this picture and tell me what you think.
A message to the impatient girl in front of me in line: "Don't make a fool of youself if you don't have to!" The people working for American were just going their job. Yes, it sucks that everyone in first class gets to go first in line. But, we knew the rules when we bought our coach tickets.


0 comments:
Post a Comment