CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 01, 2009

10 Honest and 15 Random Things About Me

Tiffany tagged me for 10 Honest Things about Me and I've been loving reading everybody's 25 random things about themselves, so here's my list in no particular order. Enjoy!

Yes, I love my husband, my baby, and God. I figure everyone knows that about me, so I'm not counting them.
  1. I love getting pedicures but really don't enjoy manicures. I like the end result of a manicure, but don't enjoy sitting an arm's length away from a stranger.
  2. I would rather go thirsty than drink Pepsi.
  3. I never moved growing up. After my family moved back from Holland when I was less than 2 years old, I lived in the same house I came home from the hospital to until I left for college. Since then I have lived in 4 dorm rooms, 8 apartments, and 2 houses.
  4. I don't make friends as easily as I would like.
  5. I love to run. I really miss running as regularly as I did before Mallory.
  6. When we found out I was pregnant with Mallory, I had a pack of fertility meds ready to start. My doctor had no real reason why I was pregnant. I know why, prayer!
  7. In college I majored in Nursing, Math, and Accounting. I ended up getting a degree in General Business. I had way more hours than my degree required.
  8. I worked for two and a half years in an office that was so quiet you could hear co-workers clicking their mouses (mice?).
  9. I worked for a year as a substitute teacher. I liked secondary jobs much better. Elementary kids are so much higher maintenance.
  10. I had braces for almost 2 and a half years as an adult. I am now adamant about wearing my retainer each night. I'm not sure I would be so disciplined with it if I had worn them as a teen.
  11. I think that getting my braces off may have been one of the most painful experiences in my life (childbirth and kidney stones included)!
  12. I would love for Mallory to be a Red Raider some day like her mommy, daddy, and papaw. If she chooses something else, that's ok too as long as she remembers we don't like maroon or burnt orange.
  13. I spent one year at Harding before transferring to Tech. It was a great year, but Harding just wasn't for me. I met Matthew one of the first days I was in Lubbock. We dated from that point until we married 4 years later.
  14. Matthew never actually asked me out on a date.
  15. My favorite job was working at West Houston. I don't miss going to work, but I do miss all the special people I got to spend my days with.
  16. I think the Chi and DVR may have been two of the best inventions ever!
  17. I have run 3 marathons and really hope I'll be able to run another before the year is over.
  18. I sometime miss the Lubbock wind. I do not miss when it would rain mud in Lubbock.
  19. I do not have a green thumb. I have an ivy that Matthew bought me 4 years ago. It has not grown one bit since then. I give it just enough care to sustain life.
  20. I have ridden an ambulance to the ER twice. I am not looking for a third ride.
  21. I started blogging because I spent so much time reading other people's blogs I felt it was only fair.
  22. Every 4th of July I forget how much I love fireworks until I see them and then I feel like a little kid watching the show.
  23. I LOVE sweets. We say I am an Elf. Skittles and Hot Tamales are my favorite candies.
  24. I used to throw the TV remote off the bed onto the floor every night before going to bed. It bugged Matthew a lot. I can't do this anymore now that we have tile in our bedroom.
  25. I watch football even when Matthew is not here. What, girls can watch football too!

0 comments: