CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

A couple of months ago we had an intruder. It was Sunday afternoon. My parents were here and Matthew had taken the day off. We were sitting around in the living room watching baseball I think when all of a sudden we spotted the intruder. A lizard had somehow made his way into our house and was climbing the wall. Matthew and my dad grabbed a broom, played the heroes and got rid of the little critter. During this adventure we learned that when in times of crisis chameleons turn from green to brown. We also learned that lizards don't fare well if you attempt to trap them with a cup, but catch them half in and half out of the cup.

I thought this would be our only episode with lizards.



Fast forward a month or two. I had been to the grocery store. When I got home I saw that I was not alone. There was another lizard friend out on the blinds in the kitchen. I quickly devised a plan. I moved the kitchen table out of the way, grabbed the broom, and started whacking! This is what the kitchen looked like when I was done with the lizard.

This is what the dazed little guy looked like after I had used my best broom ball moves on him and shot him out the back door. I gave him a very stern warning to stay away and pass the word on to his friends not to enter my house again.

Apparently lizards don't share warnings with each other. Tonight I sat down at the kitchen table and grabbed my folder of coupons. When I opened the folder, a lizard jumped out. I WAS MAD! I didn't know what to do but fight. I threw a couple sections from the newspaper at him, but my aim wasn't so good. With no other options or broom handy, I had no choice but to take the rest of the newspaper and start swinging. Luckily I got in a few good swats and the little bugger was laying crippled on the floor with his feet in the air. Score one for Marcia! Thankfully, there were no guts or anything so I opened the back door and swatted out the lizard corpse.

So, does anyone have tips on how to keep lizards out of your house?
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: