CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

WHAT A NIGHT!

Last night I didn’t want to cook dinner and Matthew and I were not wanting to spend much money on dinner either. So, we grabbed our handy Entertainment book looking for a deal. I saw a buy one get one coupon for Blimpie. I asked Matthew if there was a Blimpie around anywhere. He said the only one he knew of was in the Shell station by 290. I remembered eating Blimpie in college in the UC on campus and it was always good, but since we don’t normally dine at gas stations we kept looking. Unfortunately nothing else caught our eye. So you guessed it, we grabbed our coupon, got in the car and headed to the gas station for dinner.

When we got there things didn’t look too promising. But Matthew had his mind up, he said he we’re going in! When we walked in, the Blimpie side looked very clean…but too clean. There was no bread or meat insight anywhere. Within a few seconds the man working in the gas station informed us that Blimpie closed at 4 pm. How can a sandwich shop in a convenience store close at 4?

I was starving and reminding Matthew that it was time to feed the baby at this point, so we ended up at the closest fast food place we came to, Sonic!

This night totally took me back to college when Matthew and I were first dating. Back then, we probably ate a fast food restaurant almost every night. Sonic was my favorite by far and there was one less than 5 minutes away from Matthew’s apartment. Every Tuesday they had half-price burgers so we would get Sonic and then watch Felicity. This was after all our studying was done of course…

Here’s a picture of what we looked like back then. I saw this picture recently and wondered “Where did the kids in this picture go?”

This was on Matthew's 22nd birthday at Joe's Crabshack in Lubbock, right around when we started dating. This is the same night that Matthew put on a Batman costume and pink tutu and ran around the restaurant doing the donkey. Don't know about "the donkey" then you obviously didn't go to college with Chris Horner.

Hope you enjoyed my random rambling trip down memory lane.

3 comments:

Tiffany

When did we get so old? And by the way, I'm sorry we talked Matthew into doing the donkey at your wedding reception. Oh wait. No I'm not. Hehe! How many days until you find out if you're having a girl or boy? I have a guess!

Anita

I love it!!! That is a great post and picture of you 2 children. Glad you got some Sonic for the baby and I like your new page.

Jessica

I wasn't there when this pic was taken but I have seen my share of Chris doing the donkey dance! Miss you guys! So happy for you and the baby!