I GUESS I'M NOT CRAZY
I think my least favorite part of my job is every Friday when I have to fold the pewsheets. We have this dinosaur of a folding machine. Its big. Its heavy. Its brown. Its loud. And its very particular. I dread this part of my job because I'm stuck there for 10-15 minutes feeding 750 church bulletins in to this loud machine. I can't talk to anyone and I can't go anywhere.
To make things worse it has a label on it warning not get any hair, jewelry, loose clothing, or body parts in the machine while its running. When I'm stuck there watching it fold my mind starts to wander. I read and reread the warning. Every week my mind starts to image my hair getting caught in it. I have vivid images of my hair being ripped off. Its not pretty!
Well, I just read an article online from yahoo about a boy 5 mi from here getting his hair caught up in a machine at his work place. The article said he was life flighted to the hospital. Neat! I guess my imagination wasn't that far off in what would happen if my hair got caught.
Does anyone have a rubber band for my hair, its time to go fold!!!


2 comments:
I hated that job too when I worked at the church for a summer. That machine is VERY scary!
i LOVE your new web layout!
Post a Comment