Be Still and Know
Tonight I got to do something I haven't done in several years. I got to stand in a room with a group of ladies and sing "Be Still and Know that I am God". This took me back to my time in Chi-Os at Harding as this was our club song. We sang it at all of our meetings. We also sang it at ring ceremonies as we watched the engagement rings circle around while we waited to see who would blow out the candle that night. Leaving Harding to transfer to Tech was such a hard decision because of the great friends I met there. I never regretted leaving Harding (I did meet Matthew my third day in Lubbock!), but I definitely missed the friends I made there. So tonight I'm thankful for a song that could bring back such sweet memories and for blogger reconnecting me to some fellow chi-os.
Tonight I got to do something I haven't done in several years. I got to stand in a room with a group of ladies and sing "Be Still and Know that I am God". This took me back to my time in Chi-Os at Harding as this was our club song. We sang it at all of our meetings. We also sang it at ring ceremonies as we watched the engagement rings circle around while we waited to see who would blow out the candle that night. Leaving Harding to transfer to Tech was such a hard decision because of the great friends I met there. I never regretted leaving Harding (I did meet Matthew my third day in Lubbock!), but I definitely missed the friends I made there. So tonight I'm thankful for a song that could bring back such sweet memories and for blogger reconnecting me to some fellow chi-os.


2 comments:
You know since our move here to Bolivia I've thought about club meetings a time or two... and how I was always trying to get out of them. And I think back to our times there and think... what I wouldn't give for a protected time twice a month to gather in a huge room with an amazing group of fellow sisters in Christ! If I was doing it again, I would be there 10 minutes early for every one... okay maybe not early as I'm habitually late for everything, but I would definitely be at every single one with bells on! Oh what we can see in hind sight huh? I sure did enjoy having you at Harding for the time that we did... and though you chose to go to the dark side (Gig'em Ags!) we can still be friends :) Oh... and are you getting packed for your trip? I see it's just a few days away! Have so much fun!
sweet memories!
Post a Comment