
On Sunday I ran the Houston Marathon for the third year in a row. Here are some of my random thoughts and observations from the 4 hours and 44 minutes I was running.
- That man has the biggest calves (or is it calfs when you are talking about a person?) I have ever seen. Seriously, above the knees he was normal, but each calf was probably the size of my thigh.
- This was my favorite sign along the way: "Run like you've got a cougar on you!" If this doesn't make you laugh, watch Talledega Nights, the Ballad of Ricky Bobby and then you will. I don't think that anyone I was running with at this point got it.
- There's a guy in a "I heart Hot Moms" t-shirt
- Where are all the Elvis runners this year?
- There's my fertility dr's office, followed by prayers for a baby.
- Man, this is tough followed by prayers for Laura and her family's safety in Bolivia. Plus prayers for God to do amazing things through them there. This made my trial seem pretty small.
- Here I go turning on to San Felipe. I guess Matthew and my parents missed me on Post Oak again. Oh well, I guess I'll see them again somewhere.
- There's the guy in the "I heart Hot Moms" t-shirt.
- Matthew, this iPod was the best Christmas gift ever.
- Mile 17: Ok...down to single digits left. I can do this!
- There's the guy in the "I heart Hot Moms" t-shirt.
- This is where I heard the girl singing Here I Am to Worship along with her iPod last year. I could really use that boost right now. I wonder if she is running again this year?
- Mile 20: Wall...what wall?
- Sorry Sean, but there's no way you could run this whole thing without any training!
- Imodium, don't fail me now!
- I have the best friends in the world! They were really amazing to send me all the treats they did this week.
- Mile 21: oh, this wall!
- Its ok to be hurting. Lance Armstrong was hurting at this point too when he ran his marathon.
- There's the guy in the "I heart Hot Moms" t-shirt.
- Mile 22: Do I dare look down at my right shoe? My big toe hurts and I'm afraid I might be leaving a train of blood.
- There they are! Hi Matthew! Hi Mom! Hi Dad!
- Mile 26: Where did I park my car again?!?
- There's the guy in the "I heart Hot Moms" t-shirt. AGAIN! Is he trying to spot all the hot moms?
- Mile 26.2: I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Marcia... YOU DID IT! We're so proud of you and so thankful for your prayers for our family! Things have calmed down here alot and I know that God has answered many prayers from our friends and family back home! You have no idea what it does for our hearts and courage to know that we have prayers being lifted up for us and the work here in Bolivia.
YOU DID IT! You rock! I am so impressed with you!
I will praying about the fertility stuff. Keep me updated. I know it is a long road.
Keep running like there is a cougar chasing you. Classic.
Post a Comment