CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 09, 2010

Strawbaby

We went to pick strawberries with our play group friends this morning. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time. 
Picking just the right strawberry

Mallory loved walking around carrying the bucket

Squeezing the strawberries was a little too tempting for Mal




So, we've got a lot of strawberries at our house.  Anyone have some good recipes? Or want to come over for some bluebell and strawberries?

3 comments:

The Johnsons

I laughed out loud at your comment and picture of Mallory squeezing the stawberry. Looks like fun! My parents are coming in town tomorrow bringing us some strawberries from Poteet. I'm so excited! My Grandma makes the best strawberry bread, and I make my own dense shortcake (for strawberry shortcake) if you want the recipes. That's on my list of things to do once my berries get here!

Jennifer

Here's a recipe. (Wish I could come over for Blue Bell and strawberries! I miss Blue Bell so much and will be consuming vast amounts of it in June!)

Strawberry Spinach Salad

1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
6 to 8 oz fresh baby spinach
¾ cup sliced almonds
1 cucumber chopped (½ inch pieces)
½ of a red onion sliced
1 small lemon
1 Tbls Olive Oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp poppy seeds
2 TBS White Wine Vinegar

Lightly toast the almonds on a baking pan for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Zest lemon and juice the lemon
Mix the vinegar, sugar, oil, poppy seeds and lemon to make the dressing. Shake in a shaker or wisk until sugar is dissolved and chill. Pour over the spinach salad (spinach, strawberries, cucumber, almonds).

Libby

How fun!! Does Mallory call them strawbaby? Grace used to call them frawbabies...I love it! The pigtails are adorable:)