My little girl is just changing and getting bigger and bigger by the day. In the last week, she has really started showing interest in her toys. Here she is on the floor playing with her favorite octopus. I think it might be attacking her.

I guess we had a good reason at the time to take a picture of the empty bottle after Mallory finished it off. Now, I don't really know what we were thinking. By the expression on her face, I guess she knew it was pretty silly.

Anita picked up an
exersaucer for Mallory at her consignment sale a few weeks ago. Mallory got to play in it for the first time tonight. I think she enjoyed it!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of her chubby legs from below. I was surprised to see that her legs were already long enough to stand flat footed on the bottom. Good thing I figured out how to raise it.

Mallory and I have had lots of fun this weekend with my mom, Dee. She came in town Friday. We had fun shopping on Friday and again on Saturday. Today we got to go to a wedding shower for our special friend, Laura. Laura and her family moved in across the street from us when she was 4 (I think), now she's about to graduate from
ACU. So, we've gotten to see her grow up. I asked her today "What
happened, I have a baby and you're
getting married! We must be grown ups!" It was a fun time with lots of visiting with special friends.
It was great having Mom here with me and Mallory. They got to have lots of good fun together, and I even got to go get a pedicure while mom stayed with Mallory. Thanks Dee.

Yesterday, when we were at our new outlet mall a funny thing happened. We were sitting on a bench in the shade giving Mallory a bottle. A lady sat down next to Mom. Out of no where, the lady says, "Since I have a captive audience..." and whipped out pictures of her daughter and twin grandsons. When I saw the picture, I immediately recognized her daughter as a girl I had gone to school with. Small world!
As the day went on I thought more and more about this and had lots of questions. How did she get the pictures out of her purse so quickly? Did she do this all the time with strangers? Does my mom do this with pictures of her
grand babies? Hmmm...
Today is my parents' 35
th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! She told Anita and I that we better start planning their party for 15 years from now, I guess she wants a bigger
celebration than the cookies and ice cream we just enjoyed. :)
1 comments:
I am so glad y'all are coming. It really will make my week!!! Abby and I can't wait to get in some good Mallor luvin'
Post a Comment