THIS COULD BE A REALLY FUNNY POST
Yesterday we were driving down the freeway on our way to hear Beth Moore. We are just casually talking when Cheryl matter of factly says, "There's Uncle Sam and The Statue of Liberty." Not sure what she's talking about, Erin and I look out the window and sure enough, Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty are walking across the Academy parking lot. Maybe the two of them had been on a date? I think they were probably just finishing up their day's work of standing on the corner in costume holding a sign advertising a furniture store. If I had a picture of it, this would be a really funny post.
Fast forward to 11:30 ish last night. Matthew and I had been sitting on the couch watching TV. He fell asleep (shocking, I know). I never watch Jimmy Kimmel, but for some reason I was last night. During his monologue he was showing a British news clip talking about a 200lb boy and his mother. In the clip they were flipping between the boy jumping on a trampoline and interviewing his mother. The boy is doing the thing on the trampoling where you flop down on your front and then bounce back to your feet. When they cut back to him, he flops down on his belly but crashes straight through the trampoline instead. At this point I scream. When I scream, Matthew wakes up and is going into cop mode, ready to grab his gun and get the person that he thinks is breaking in to get me. Fortunately, my scream was a false alarm as it had quickly turned into laughter. Matthew wasn't very amused. If I could post the video on here, this would be a really funny post.
ps I found the video on line. Watching it online it is obvious that they edited the video. The boy didn't really fall through the trampoline. I think this link might work. Its video #3. ://abc.go.com/latenight/jimmykimmel/index?pn=video


3 comments:
Ha! Those were funny stories. We've had Uncle Sam & Lady Liberty around here too (all the way across the country). They are advertising for Liberty Taxes, I think. (you were close with the furniture store)
Oh sorry, that's from Lisa. I still can't figure out how to use my blogger account, rather than the new one I set up for my son.
I hate when something funny, cute, whatever happens and I don't have my camera! Drives me crazy...
I laughed the hardest about Matthew going into cop mode. You don't ever have to worry about him protecting you!
Post a Comment